Summer has officially started!! Although I’ve been on summer vacation for almost 2 months, it really hasn’t felt like summer due to the colder weather here in Toronto, as well as the fact most schools have just ended. I thought this post would be great as I love hearing what products people love for different seasons! The post is also a collab with some great girls – I will have more information below the post!
- Pressed Powder – This is one of my absolute necessities because I have super oily skin, and in the summer time it gets so much worse! I prefer a pressed over loose powder as it is much easier to take on the go with me. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know I am obsessed with the Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation (I’m in the shade Medium 53) as it provides coverage as well as locking in the foundation and concealer I have already applied on my face.
- Waterproof Mascara – This must have may seem obvious but I really need waterproof mascara in my life during the summer months. I work as a counsellor at a summer camp and am required to swim everyday, so I need to be wearing mascara that won’t make me look like a raccoon once I get out of the pool! The one I currently have is the Maybelline Mega Plush mascara – it gives very natural look which I love during summer days.
- Waterproof Liquid Liner – This is very similar to my last must have, as I need something that will stay on my eyes during those sweaty hot summer days, and while I’m in the pool. I have extremely oily eyelids as well so a waterproof liner is a must have for me all through out the year to ensure the product does not slip and slide around while on my eyes. As most of you probably know, the waterproof liner I am in love with is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. This is a super black eyeliner that does not budge one bit
once it sets!
- Lip Balm – I love wearing lip balm in the summer time as they feel very light on the face. In the summer, I keep my makeup very neutral and adding a lip balm just keeps your lips moisturized and adds a nice shine to the lips, similar to the type of shine you’d get with a clear lipgloss. I love the EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint as it provides that tingly minty feeling to the lips and it is in that fun egg-shaped container!
- SPF – It is so important to always be protecting your skin from the sun’s harsh rays and any damage that they can cause. I know personally I am always wearing makeup so it is important to wear products that include SPF in them. I know that different primers and foundation/BB creams/tinted moisturizers contain SPF in them but if you do not want to switch up your foundation, you can always wear sunscreen under your makeup. I use the Umbrelle Face Sunscreen Stick under my primer to keep my face safe. I can not stress enough how important it is to protect you face from any harm as the skin on your face is quite sensitive and can usually burn easier then the skin on your body can.
As I mentioned above, this post is a collab! I have recently joined a group with a bunch of girls who are making blog posts/videos revolving around a certain topic each week – this week is summer must haves (obviously). I will have the links to each post below.